Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I Remember those Christmas Holidays with Mom and Dad

As a young child, I had no idea how much my parents would mean to me as an adult. I had no way to measure how much each holiday or special event or family memory would be gauged by the people who are part of those memories. Now I look back on my life and I realize that all the moments that I cherish in life are held in my heart because of the people who were with me at the time. Without the bonds of loved ones, these memories and occasions would not be written delibly upon my heart. This year we are spending Christmas at home in California with my husband’s mother and his brother. Granny passed away in 2002 and our brother Kenny passed away two springs ago, so this Christmas is very different from all the ones we shared as a collective family. With some of those close family members gone, we are learning how important it is to carry on with life and share time with the people you love who are still living. Create memories in honor of those who are gone because they would want you to carry on with life, just like you did when they were part of it. Life is for the living and memories are forever. Cherish every one and realize how important people are above all places and things. Mom and Dad taught me that and it is the greatest gift they could have ever given me.

Dear Diary,

I have a deep sadness because my parents and some grandparents, children and siblings are gone from my life until I see them in eternity. There is a deep longing to be with them again, though I know I need to wait until it is my time to join them in the eternal world.

No comments: